Latest info (scroll down for more info!):-
- We are starting club sessions at Ullswater Yacht Club on Mon 4th June 2018, through to start of September. We will have club session on Mondays (plan to have similar squad format that we have been running recently) and team training on Thursdays.
- A team got promoted from National Div 3 North to National Div 2 North & Central. See article under News tab.
- Very successfull youth league at Leeds. 4 tournaments with all abilities. Looking forward to more youth events in the future.
- AGM and Christmas social was at Queen's Head, Tirril on Fri 1st Dec 2017. Committee remains the same, but Tim standing down at next year's agm, as Chair. Chris Archer voted in to take over.
- For tournament reports and press articles, see News section tab above.
- Club has now been acredited with BC Quality Mark & Sport England Club Mark. Well done to Andy, Caitlin, & Che for all their work towards this.
- Membership renewals were due in September, please download the form and give to Jonathan. Payment either to him or by BACS.
- Tournament dates are under "Events" tab. Get them in your diary! We'll keep adding them as we get the dates confirmed.
- Twill is organising beginners river trips and general kayaking skills sessions. If you are interested, ask him.
For summer 2016, we had a trial at Ullswater Yacht Club, which proved to be an excellent venue. We will be there for the foreseeable future, from May bank holiday through to start of September. The outdoor pitch fits perfectly between the yacht club jetties and our floating goals tie on to the jetties easily. We are also looking into an alternate place for the pitch so we can run tournaments. The water is clean and the air is fresh!! All equipment is provided. Personal equipment brought to club sessions must be 'polo legal', for safety reasons. Some folk are training there over the winter as well. See Jack, Dan, Luke or Katie if you want to join them.
What is Canoe Polo
Not sure what Canoe Polo is? The Canoe Show have put together a short video explaining what the sport is. Below is a link to the video.