Latest info (scroll down for more info!):-
- Last Mon eve pool session of the year is Mon 18th Dec 2017.
- First Mon session of 2018 is Jan 8th, with new format, so that everybody gets better quality time on the water. Details will be emailed round and pasted on facebook.
- Good second tournament in Div 2 NW&C.3wins, 1 loss. See news article.
- AGM and Christmas social was at Queen's Head, Tirril on Fri 1st Dec 2017. Committee remains the same, but Tim standing down at next year's agm, as Chair. Chris Archer voted in to take over.
- Cumbria Polo tournament at Penrith on Sat 25th Nov went well with 4 penrith teams and teams from lakeland and Duddon.
- Tues evening sessions started at the club, for team members to train more intensively as a trial with max 12 people, who have paid up front for 5 sessions. This went well and we look to continue it next year.
- Good first tournament in Div 2 NW&C. 2 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss. See news article.
- James & Joe are also involved in the GB junior development squads. This is a great way to develop your skills. You dont have to be selected. Its all about development. Great opportunity. Based in liverpool.
- Katie & Caitlin went to the European championships, playing for GB U 21 ladies in the summer. Results at www.canoepolo-tournaments.eu
- Well done to Katie, Luke, Caitlin & Morven in the junior world polo champs in Ireland this summer. You may have seen the news report on Border TV news. Copied to club facebook page.
- We are now back in the pool for Mon evening club sessions.
- For tournament reports and press articles, see News section tab above.
- Club has now been acredited with BC Quality Mark & Sport England Club Mark. Well done to Andy, Caitlin, & Che for all their work towards this.
- Membership renewals were due in September, please download the form and give to Jonathan. Payment either to him or by BACS.
- Tournament dates are under "Events" tab. Get them in your diary! We'll keep adding them as we get the dates confirmed.
- For the 2017/18 season, we are enterring teams in National Div 3 north, Regional Div 2 NW&C, Regional Div 3 NW&C, (Ladies Div 2 N - not enough players this year - all playing for other teams!!), and we will be organising various Cumbria Tournaments. See Events tab above.
- Looking to enter a Youth Team in summer tournaments and possible league next year.
- Twill is organising beginners river trips and general kayaking skills sessions. If you are interested, ask him.
For summer 2016, we had a trial at Ullswater Yacht Club, which proved to be an excellent venue. We were there again for summer 2017. The outdoor pitch fits perfectly between the yacht club jetties and our floating goals tie on to the jetties easily. We are also looking into an alternate place for the pitch so we can run tournaments. The water is clean and the air is fresh!! All equipment is provided. Personal equipment brought to club sessions must be 'polo legal', for safety reasons. Some folk are training there over the winter as well. See Jack, Dan, Luke or Katie if you want to join them.
What is Canoe Polo
Not sure what Canoe Polo is? The Canoe Show have put together a short video explaining what the sport is. Below is a link to the video.