Latest info (scroll down for more info!):-
- We are starting club sessions at Ullswater Yacht Club on Mon 7th May through to start of September. We will have club session on Mondays (plan to have similar squad format that we have been running recently) and team training on Thursdays.
- A team got promoted from National Div 3 North to National Div 2 North & Central. See article under News tab.
- Very successfull youth league at Leeds. 4 tournaments with all abilities. Looking forward to more youth events in the future.
- First Mon session of 2018 is Jan 8th, with new format, so that everybody gets better quality time on the water. Details will be emailed round and pasted on facebook.
- AGM and Christmas social was at Queen's Head, Tirril on Fri 1st Dec 2017. Committee remains the same, but Tim standing down at next year's agm, as Chair. Chris Archer voted in to take over.
- Tues evening sessions started at the club, for team members to train more intensively as a trial with max 12 people, who have paid up front for 5 sessions. This went well and will continue in blocks of 5 weeks.
- James & Joe are also involved in the GB junior development squads. This is a great way to develop your skills. You dont have to be selected. Its all about development. Great opportunity. Based in liverpool.
- Katie & Caitlin went to the European championships, playing for GB U 21 ladies in the summer. Results at www.canoepolo-tournaments.eu
- Well done to Katie, Luke, Caitlin & Morven in the junior world polo champs in Ireland last summer. You may have seen the news report on Border TV news. Copied to club facebook page.
- For tournament reports and press articles, see News section tab above.
- Club has now been acredited with BC Quality Mark & Sport England Club Mark. Well done to Andy, Caitlin, & Che for all their work towards this.
- Membership renewals were due in September, please download the form and give to Jonathan. Payment either to him or by BACS.
- Tournament dates are under "Events" tab. Get them in your diary! We'll keep adding them as we get the dates confirmed.
- For the 2017/18 season, we are enterring teams in National Div 3 north, Regional Div 2 NW&C, Regional Div 3 NW&C, (Ladies Div 2 N - not enough players this year - all playing for other teams!!), and we will be organising various Cumbria Tournaments. See Events tab above.
- Looking to enter a Youth Team in summer tournaments and possible league next year. Luke to coordinate team. Clare to manage entries etc.
- Twill is organising beginners river trips and general kayaking skills sessions. If you are interested, ask him.
For summer 2016, we had a trial at Ullswater Yacht Club, which proved to be an excellent venue. We will be there for the foreseeable future, from May bank holiday through to start of September. The outdoor pitch fits perfectly between the yacht club jetties and our floating goals tie on to the jetties easily. We are also looking into an alternate place for the pitch so we can run tournaments. The water is clean and the air is fresh!! All equipment is provided. Personal equipment brought to club sessions must be 'polo legal', for safety reasons. Some folk are training there over the winter as well. See Jack, Dan, Luke or Katie if you want to join them.
What is Canoe Polo
Not sure what Canoe Polo is? The Canoe Show have put together a short video explaining what the sport is. Below is a link to the video.